Child Behaviour Consultant
It’s generally agreed that being a parent is one of the most difficult jobs. Unfortunately there is very little preparation and guidance for many people, and support can be hard to find when things become tricky. Whilst there are many rewarding times, children can easily wear their parents down with a range of behaviours, such as: constantly demanding; answering back; having outbursts; bickering with siblings or a reluctance/inability to follow instructions. There may be conflict at home about morning or bedtime routines, homework, putting toys away and, for older children, coming home at the agreed time or helping out in the house; the list could be endless…….
PEACE AT LAST!
If any of this sounds familiar, help is at hand. Mandy Stopard, a teacher and behaviour specialist, offers a service to parents in Bristol and North Somerset who would like some support to gain a calmer home environment. She works with parents to teach their children to behave more cooperatively and/or manage their emotions more effectively.
Mandy has taught for 30 years, specialising in behaviour and advises schools and parents on behaviour management and the development of children’s social and emotional skills. She has an additional specialist qualification in her field and has trained in a range of behaviour related issues. Mandy’s impressive list of qualifications includes: a BA Hons, PGCE, C and G Diploma: Specialist Leader of Behaviour and Attendance.
Later this month Mandy will be running one of her highly regarded talks at the Folk Hall.
Support your 4-11 year old to improve their behaviour.
A talk and Q and A session with Mandy Stopard, Child Behaviour Consultant
Portishead Folk Hall, High St, Portishead, BS20 6PR
7-8.30pm on Tuesday 22nd August 2017 – £7 per person
For more details of this and many other events, take a look at the Events Calendar Portishead & Beyond
Spaces are limited and advance booking is necessary. If you’d like to reserve a place at the Peace at Last talk or would like more information about group sessions, please call Mandy on 07881 293180 or email mandy@behaviour
Have a look below at what other parents who’ve worked with Mandy have to say.
‘I can’t thank you enough – our lives have transformed in the last few weeks and that is mainly down to your coaching.’
‘Mandy was very quick to understand our son and his needs and relate to us as a family. She helped us regain control and confidence in dealing with difficult situations. She gave us practical strategies which have had a really positive impact. Mandy not only has a wealth of experience and knowledge, she also always made us feel comfortable when discussing difficult issues’
‘I would recommend Mandy to anyone needing support with behaviour issues…her calm and caring approach has been excellent’
‘We cannot recommend Mandy highly enough, she has turned things around for us and put us, as a family, back on track’
PARENT EVALUATIONS AFTER GROUP SESSIONS
- Mandy was extremely welcoming and empathetic and has given me new ideas and strategies which have definitely had a positive impact on my children’s behaviour and my understanding of it, reducing my stress and anxiety at difficult times
- This is a really wonderful course. I would recommend it to other parents. It has made a big difference at home and …….is doing better at school. Mandy is a great teacher who has made everyone feel welcome and valued. Very impressed!
- I‘d recommend this course. Really enjoyed it. Very helpful
- Opportunities throughout the course to directly relate the content to my own situation, with subsequent follow up to evaluate progress as an individual
- Supportive atmosphere with lots of praise and encouragement when I have done well….I am much more calm and positive than when I started the course.
- I found the food and eating part of the course very helpful. Also it’s nice to be listened to in the group.
PIN THIS ARTICLE FOR LATER!
DISCLOSURE: ADVERTISING FEATURE